VIMCO® Mastitis Vaccine
New! First and only mastitis vaccine USDA approved for use in dairy and meat goats.
VIMCO® targets Staphylococcus aureus and CNS (Coagulase Negative Staphylococci), the bacteria most commonly associated with mastitis.
Implementation of a mastitis control program is an essential step in improving milk quality and preventing infection.
The combination of the VIMCO® vaccination against Staphylococcal mastitis with a mastitis control program can lead to:
- Fewer clinical and subclinical mastitis cases (minimizes the need for antibiotics and NSAIDs)
- A reduction in the severity of clinical signs (udder and milk aspect)
- Less discarded milk from high somatic cell counts
- Less bacterial shedding
- Fewer replacement animals required (fewer culls)
- Increased profits from milk production, reduces milk loss (from SCC)
- Healthier animals
Learn More at the Hipra Website