IDGA is focused on developing youth and promoting the dairy goat industry in Indiana and beyond.
Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Association (IDGYA)
Indiana Dairy Goat
Youth Showmanship Point Series
In an effort to include as many youth as possible the Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Showmanship Points Series will be open to youth from 8-21 years old.
- Junior- 8 to 12 years old
- Intermediate 13-15 years old
- Senior 16-21 year old
For continuity throughout the show season the participant’s age is calculated as of January 1st2021. The point series will include a variety of dairy goat shows throughout the state of Indiana. At the conclusion of the season top point earners will be awarded prizes.
- The top 5 placing Showmanship exhibitors at participating shows in each division will be awarded points.
- The FIVE highest point earning events recorded during the series will be tallied towards point totals for each participating individual.
Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Showmanship Points Series Rules and Guidelines
- Enrolled IDGYSPS participants cannot be required to join any additional organizations or enter additional classes to be eligible to exhibit in showmanship classes at a sanctioned show.
- Sanctioned showmanship classes must be placed out to at least 5 places by the judge, if there are 5 or more showman in that particular class. Only youth who have enrolled in the IDGYSPS will be awarded and accumulate points at sanctioned shows.
- Enrolled youth participants of the IDGYSPS must be a member or part of a family membership of the Indiana Dairy Goat Association.
- Participants must enroll in the Points Series to accumulate points. Points will only be accumulated going forward, no points will be awarded retroactively. Enrollment in the points series and IDGA membership must be current before the start of showmanship class to accumulate points.
- Show must be held on or before September 26th to have time to receive points and calculate placings.
Most frequent questions and answers
When and where are participating shows?We are very pleased to announce that there are ten (10) shows located throughout Indiana participating in the Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Showmanship Point series for 2021:
- Heart of Indiana Dairy Goat Show- Franklin, IN- 5/2/21
- Cass County Open ADGA Dairy Goat Show- Logansport, IN- 5/8/21
- Phase 5 Hoosier Hysteria Dairy Goat Show 5/14-5/16/21 (showmanship 5/14)
- Banks of the Wabash Dairy Goat Show- Cayuga, IN- 5/29-5/30/21 (showmanship 5/29)
- Elkhart County 4-H Goat Club Open Show – Goshen, IN- 6/4-6/5/21 (showmanship 6/4)
- Hoosier Classic- Danville, IN- 6/12-6/13/21 (showmanship 6/13)
- Lincoln County Classic- Washington, IN- 6/19/21
- Noble County Open Show- Kendallville, IN – 6-26 – 6/27/21 (showmanship 6/27)
- Goatbusters Classic- Frankfort, IN- 9/10-9/12/21 (showmanship 9/11)
- AGS Purebred Pageant & ADGA Caprine in Circus City September 17-18 (showmanship the evening of the 17th)
Kidding Around Classic- Washington, IN – 9/25-9/26/21 (showmanship 9/25)
Membership forms will be available at participating shows and online here.
Yes, membership to the IDGA is required to participate in the Showmanship Point Series. A family membership is available online for $10 per family, only one membership is needed per family. Membership registration can be found at Membership
No, but an ADGA membership is valuable if registering Dairy Goats to participate in open shows.
No, goats do not have to be registered with any association to compete in Dairy Goat showmanship. However, they must be 100% dairy goats, be disbudded, and be free of disease. Please note if dairy does are not registered with ADGA they will not be allowed to enter any of the sanctioned show classes. Bucks are not permitted to be used by participants in Points Series Showmanship Classes.
Nope, you can attend as many or as few of the participating shows as you would like. However only the top 5 placings from those shows will count towards your point total.
$10 for a family membership to the IDGA, enrollment in the points series is $10 per participating child. When paying online via PayPal that there is an addition $1 convenience charge making the total $11. These memberships and fees must be paid prior to earning points. Any points earned before memberships and fees are obtained will not be valid.
In the event that there is a tie between participants in either an age divisions or for overall showman a showmanship tie breaker will be held at the IDGA fall conference at Danville, IN in October.
Awards include merchandise type items (example belt buckles, insulated mugs, chairs etc) that are typically industry and dairy goat related. These awards are often graciously donated by our Point Series Sponsors.
Awards are presented to the winners at IDGA Fall Conference on in Danville, IN. This year’s Fall Conference will include youth activities and competitions. We highly encourage youth participation in these events in addition to the awards ceremony.
Age division, overall high point winners and reserve high point winners are expected to be present at the IDGA Fall Conference to receive their awards. If any winning exhibitor is NOT present at the awards ceremony the award will be given to the next eligible junior exhibitor. We understand that emergencies arise and special circumstances do happen, please contact Erin Freuchtel if a high Point winner will not be able to attend the Award Ceremony.
2021 IDGA Youth Showmanship Points Series Participant Entry Form
Payments can be made online via PayPal to email@example.com.
When paying online via PayPal that there is an addition $1 convenience charge making the total $11