IDGA is focused on developing youth and promoting the dairy goat industry in Indiana and beyond.
Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Association (IDGYA)
Indiana Dairy Goat
Youth Showmanship Point Series
The Indiana Dairy Goat Association is excited to offer the Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Showmanship Points Series (hereafter referred to as the Points Series) in 2022. Through this program we hope to further encourage the development, education, and participation of our Indiana dairy goat youth by providing an opportunity to compete in a showmanship-based points competition throughout Indiana during the show season.
In an effort to include as many youth as possible, the Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Showmanship Points Series will be open to youth from 8-21 years old.
- Junior– 8 to 12 years old
- Intermediate– 13-15 years old
- Senior– 16-21 year old
For continuity throughout the show season the participant’s age is calculated as of January 1, 2022. The point series will include a variety of dairy goat shows throughout the state of Indiana. At the conclusion of the season top point earners will be awarded prizes.
- The top 5 placing Showmanship exhibitors at participating shows in each division will be awarded points.
- The FIVE highest point earning events recorded during the series will be tallied towards point totals for each participating individual.
Indiana Dairy Goat Youth Showmanship Points Series Rules and Guidelines1.
- No applications for IDGYSP sanctioning will be accepted after March 31, 2022, exception will be considered for newly established shows.
- The fee to sanction shows with IDGYSPS for 2022 is $40 if the application is submitted prior to March 31. Fee is to be included with application via check, cash or can be sent via PayPal to Indgya@gmail.com . Please note shows will not be added to the IDGYSPS calendar or receive their Welcome Packet until all sanctioning fees have been received.
- Sanctioned shows are required to provide three (3) showmanship classes that adhere to the age divisions: Junior– 8 to 12 years old, Intermediate 13-15 years old, Senior 16-21 year old, and must allow the opportunity for all enrolled IDGYSPS participants to compete. Ring signs for each division will be included in your welcome packet. Please post these ringside.
- We encourage shows to include a Pee Wee division for children who are below the age of participation and including children ages 8-10 who are new to showing and are not participating in the point series.
- Enrolled IDGYSPS participants cannot be required to join any additional organizations or enter additional classes to be eligible to exhibit in showmanship classes at a sanctioned show.
- Sanctioned showmanship classes must be placed out to at least 5 places by the judge, if there are 5 or more showmen in that particular class. Only youth who have enrolled in the IDGYSPS will be awarded and accumulate points at sanctioned shows. *New this year* certificates will be provided in the Welcome Packet for each class winner.
- Enrolled youth participants of the IDGYSPS must be a member or part of a family membership of the Indiana Dairy Goat Association.
- Participants must enroll in the Points Series to accumulate points. Points will only be accumulated going forward, no points will be awarded retroactively. Enrollment in the points series and IDGA membership must be current before the start of showmanship class to accumulate points.
- Show contact is responsible for submitting the placings sheet for all 3 sanctioned showmanship classes to the IDGA representative Evy Ingle (Evyningle@gmail.com) within 3 days of the final day of the show. A placings sheet has been included in your Welcome Packet.
- Sanctioned shows may be required to display promotional items provided by sponsors of IDGYSPS.
Show must be held on or before September 25, 2022 to have time to receive points and calculate placings.
Showmanship Points Series Sanctioned Show Application
Please return printed applications to –
Nikki Laffoon 4840 S 375, W Lafayette, IN 47909, or email as an attachment to Goddesscaprines@aol.com
Download PDF version of this page – Indiana-Dairy-Goat-Youth-Showmanship-Point-Series
Fee is to be included with application via check, cash or can be sent via PayPal to Indgya@gmail.com